Monday, September 5, 2011

It's been a while


So it's been quite some time since I last posted. I know I said I was going to post everyday, but the best laid plans of mice and men... So here goes my first blog in quite a while.

Since we last spoke I completed my first 5k, and have begun training for my next race. The 5k was tough being my first race, it was hotter than expected and I made the rookie mistake of training only on flat terrain and the race course was much hillier than I anticipated. But, all in all it was a great experience; it was a goal I set and accomplished it. I was really surprised at how welcoming the community of racers was to an obvious beginner. Everyone was very encouraging before, during, and after the race. In those moments of the race where I felt like quitting someone would be there to give me a 'hey good job man, keep going!' I really loved the feeling after the race and was able to look back and say 'I did that' and I want to do it again. I took a week off from training; worst thing ever, because that week turned into 2 and getting back to my endurance pre-race is taking me forever. But today I got in a solid two miles that was pretty comfortable. My new goal is to Run the Rock with a marathon team. So if you're interested I've still got 3 spots left on the team. I've found that where I am with my running life I have to have goals in order to stay motivated, so now that is my ultimate motivation. I'm also planning on running at least one 5k in between now and then. So that's where I'm at with my fitness goals. I'm also down a total of 31 pounds since I started so that's pretty exciting and even in those days when I feel like I've failed by eating the wrong thing or skipping a workout I can know I'm still traveling down the road of success and accomplishment.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment