Monday, July 4, 2011

Catching up

Ok so I was supposed to post a blog from last Wednesday's run and haven't gotten around to it yet so this will be my blog for last Wednesday and in the morning will catch up for today's missed post.

I love getting up at 5 in the morning and running into the sunrise. There's something invigorating about being out and doing when the day breaks. It's as if God himself is greeting you and saying 'well hello, look what all I have for you to see'. I can only think of a few other scenarios that would be more blissfully amazing than a sunrise run.

Now don't get me wrong yet the running part is still not great fun in terms of I still hey cramps and my legs get tired. And I'm not running down the PCH; it's just around the block or the pond in my neighborhood. But, here's the thing I've been learning: life isn't about wanting what you don't have, it's about finding the joy in what you do have. What I have is a beautiful neighborhood that God has blessed me with. I have an amazing dog to run with me that has also been a gift from God. I've also had the pleasure of getting to know a few more of my neighbors while out on my runs. But most importantly, I've had the joy of learning that God creates beauty in all of the nooks and crannies of life that we don't expect and they're just hiding out waiting for us to find them. Seeing the sunrise, in my mind, is like seeing God awaken His creation, myself included, for another day of worship. You can't help but be motivated and excited about the day when you see it start with the sunrise.

I look forward to many sunrise runs to come and the motivation that it continues to bring me.

This run concludes my first week of training. Ultimate 5k week 2 starts Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment